Position: Staff Accountant
Location: Washington, DC
Position Summary: The Staff Accountant is responsible for applying well-established accounting principles, theories, concepts, and practices to the accounting treatment of financial transactions. Within the limits of delegated responsibility, demonstrates mastery of accounting in the performance of assignments and in the resolution of complex problems. The position is also responsible for providing analysis and advice regarding accounting programs and or financial management matters. Work is performed with limited supervision and work is reviewed by supervisor solely for soundness of overall approach, feasibility of recommendations and adherence to project assignments(s).
The Staff Accountant supports a broad variety of accounting functions and works independently at an expert level with minimal supervision and may include all or a subset of the following:
- Reconcile monthly SAP revenue with Oracle General Ledger balance by customer types.
- Reviews, reconciles, posts Sympro JEs for Investment, Debt Service, and Interest Revenue.
- Prepares account receivables reconciliation between SAP and Oracle; prepares journal entries to correct customer with credit balance.
- Reviews, reconciles Dayforce Payroll file with Oracle General Ledger transactions.
- Reviews, investigates, prepares File Base Data Interface (FBDI) from subledgers transactions that have no POET, wrong department, expenditure type, GL string by working with business partners to obtain the correct GL segments.
- Reviews and prepares PPM FBDI upload for payroll and non-payroll entries outside of Payables subledger. Validate subledger clearing accounts have zero balance.
- Researches and resolves discrepancies between SAP and Oracle and works with ERP System Manager to resolve timely andaccurately.
- Reviews, analyzes, prepares cross fiscal year invoices by going thru every single invoice to identify service period if it is not capture by Payables team. Prepares and provides Payables FBDI upload after eliminating all errors during testing in test instant.
- Reviews, validates, and reconciles inventory account; prepare Payables FBDI upload to correct variances.
- Reconciles IMA, EPA, FEMA, CSO, Fleet Revenue after Treasury Team load the Billings.
- Prepares other monthly journal entries.
- Provides departments with cross fiscal years invoices amount for budget planning.
- Analyzes Voucher Payable account variances.
- Analyze, reconcile, and prepare Debt premium and discount Amortization.
- Prepare long term Debts with schedules reconciliation.
- Complies, custodial, updates monthly custodian schedule to track reconciliation status and report discrepancies.
- Prepares Prepared by Client (PBC) schedule for External Auditors.
- Pulls supports for Auditors from SAP and Business Object.
- Research inter-company account variances.
- Reviews, analyzes each invoice, and reach out to business departments for year-end accruals for service provided but no invoice.
- Reviews, analyzes, reverses invoices received in new fiscal year for last year services.
- Reviews, evaluates, and prepares PPM FBDI quarterly payroll accrual upload and books journal entries.
- Reviews, updates Standard of Procedures for Operating and Capital accruals.
- Reviews, evaluates, and implements departmental process improvements within the accountantteam.
- Accountable for the accuracy of over 150 accounts reconciliation and the status of the outstanding items monthly.
- Reviews, validate and reconciles OTBI reports with Oracle instant to ensure the report quality by reporting discrepancies/problems, requesting corrections, and provides detailed overview of the findings to assure accuracy of custom reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university or college and four (4) years of progressive accounting/finance experience. A CPA and/or Master’s degree is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of automated financial systems (Oracle Cloud preferred).
- Ability to work independently in project oriented environment.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organization skills, strong team player.
- Expert knowledge of accounting principles and GAAP.
- Solid MS office skill and excellent Word and Excel skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.