Location: Washington, DC
Position: Staff Accountant
This position will provide overall assistance to the Department of Finance - Office of the Controller and will assist with the financial activities of the organization. The Incumbent will assist the Management Team as necessary and will prepare journal entries, maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts and assist with forecasting company business activities & financial positions based on past, present and expected operations.
- Perform weekly and monthly bank reconciliations and all other balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Run fixed asset depreciation interface comparing GL balances prior to closing out subsystem.
- Prepare schedules of additions and disposals.
- Identify and tag all the new purchased office equipment and furniture physically.
- Prepare journal entries, as needed, for input into general ledger system.
- Prepare and enter recurring journal entries in GL system at beginning of year and as needed.
- Run AR & AP trial balances at month end to compare to GL balance prior to closing out subsystems.
- Prepare budget schedules and necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Assist with audit preparation.
- Assist with preparation of reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Assist with preparation of corporate, franchise and property tax returns along with year-end tax provision disclosure. Maintain exceptional customer service to internal departments.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or finance.
- 2-5 years accounting experience in a corporate setting.
- CPA preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; Effective problem solver with a bias towards proactive behavior.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated leader with the ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Job Status: Full Time