Sr Technical Recruiter
Position: Technical Recruiter
Location: Columbia, MD
SPS Consulting, LLC is in partnership with an award-winning, certified Small Business that provides high-security and sometimes mission-critical IT Service to the Federal Government. Their commitment to excellence in service delivery has resulted in growth opportunities and they are in need of a polished Technical Recruiter to support the talent acquisition needs for these growth opportunities. They promote a strong employee-focused corporate culture that provides a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work.
A successful Technical Recruiter will be responsible for partnering with organizational leaders to create and execute programs and strategies targeted to attract, develop, and retain high performing talent! This position will serve as a strategic recruitment partner in support of a wide variety of initiatives.
Responsible for sourcing, recruiting, and screening applicants for a variety of technical positions, including Software Engineers, Sr. Java Developer/Team Leads, Solutions Architects, and Sr. Database DBA/Developers, Program Managers (PMP) and other positions as needed.
- Manage full lifecycle of recruitment; emphasis on proactive sourcing using a variety of methods, assess and recruit cleared IT and corporate candidates for a variety of positions at various level across the company
- Review and proof each requisition, confer with managers regarding discrepancy on requisition prior to posting to attract the appropriate candidate pool
- Provide feedback to managers on a weekly basis on the status of recruiting activity and any challenges being faced
- Determine sourcing strategy based on business needs and identify candidates by preparing job board postings; researching, targeting potential candidates
- Building pipeline through a variety of tools and resources in particular for critical skill positions
- Build personal networks (Affinity Groups, User Groups, and Community Organizations, etc.) and Social Networking (Linkedin, Twitter, Google+, etc.)
- Apply knowledge of Talent Acquisition and company policies and procedures to reduce time-to-fill to meet company staffing needs
- Ensure applicant tracking compliance and required forms are uploaded into the applicant tracking system
- Proactively manage the interview process, scheduling interviews, accounting for all candidates interviewed and ensuring proper documentation
- Source, collect applications, interview, and select applicants for technical & corporate positions
- Responsible for drafting, proofing and extending offer letters to candidates
- Perform reference/background checks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Demonstrated recruitment experience with a track record of success in high volume, fast-paced corporate environment.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in full lifecycle recruiting and sourcing for a contractor or staffing firm.
- Ability to handle and track multiple complex searches simultaneously Excellent time management, communication, and project management skills
- Experience in cold calling, candidate development and directly sourcing candidates from a variety of media including standard sourcing tools (corporate websites, general job boards, professional associations, agencies, college postings and alumni organizations, open houses) to build candidate pipelines.
- Proven track record of delivering a consistent volume of quality candidate leads
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Job Status: Full Time