Sr Accounts Payable Analyst
Position: Payroll Specialist
A large association in DC seeking a dedicated and experienced Senior A/P Analyst. The individual must demonstrate accounts payable team lead experience, ability to develop, document and implement DLP’s, must have excellent communication skills and ability to function in a fast paced environment. Must be proficient in using PeopleSoft 9.2 software.
- Generate the pay-cycle for checks, and/or ACH payments. Participate in processing payments (i.e. obtaining authorization signatures, matching, and preparation for mailing.) Provide support for scanning documents into Laserfiche.
- Maintain the Voucher Feed and reconciliation processes.
- Collaborate with business units to ensure Voucher Feeds are maintained timely and complete.
- Back-up the international wire transfer process end-to-end,
- Collaborate with General Accounting to support the AP cash reconciliation as needed; work with g/l to identify and resolve any reconciling items.
- Assist with Implementing controls and processes to reduce A/P reconciling items.
- Monitor key processes impacting the department’s productivity, i.e. Match Exceptions, Invoices on Hold, A/P Aging and other key reports.
- Develop and maintain an effective monitoring system end-to-end for Duplicate Payments.
- Assist AP staff in mitigating problems relating to key reports.
- Assist with developing and distributing A/P production metrics.
- Process invoices, expense reports, and vendor feeds for payment and review for correct coding, mathematical accuracy, proper support and approval signature(s). Accurately enter and process vouchers for payment, ensuring the activity is recorded in the correct period.
- Complete account analysis as needed.
- Assist with Escheatment and 1099 processes.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation to work effectively with a wide range of constituents in a diverse community including all levels of staff, management, Governance, and vendors.
- Identify issues and/or areas for improvement in the work environment, production processes, projects, and systems. Participate in testing upgrades and implementation of financial/AP software.
- Document, develop and implement business process improvements and desk level procedures.
- Maintain certain AP general ledger accounts, including reconciliation and accuracy of account balances, to ensure accruals are proper, and all related payments are processed on a timely basis. Assist with month-end and year-end processes.
- Understand and enforce corporate policy and internal controls. Maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion and judgment.
- Ensure integrity of vendor information and maintenance.
- Respond to customer requests within 24 hours. Research and resolve customer issues.
- Document, update, and maintain AP policies, procedures, and processes. Assist in managing P-card and Travelcard process and enforce the policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business management preferred or equivalent experience; 7+ years of business and accounts payable experience.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient in Accounts Payable processes and procedures.
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have strong knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office (i.e.MS Excel, MS Word, Internet, e-mail, etc.).
- Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must have strong attention to detail, accuracy, good judgment, and time management and prioritization skills to meet deadlines.
- Prior experience with large ERP systems; PeopleSoft Financials 9.1 (or higher) experience highly preferred but not required.
Job Status: Full Time