Senior Sourcing Specialist
The Senior Sourcing Specialist will manage large and complex sourcing projects in assigned categories. This category management position will use strategic sourcing methodology to bring best value to the company by conducting market research, developing category and sourcing strategy, creating customized RFx documents, executing on the sourcing strategy, negotiating the business deals and contracts, and managing business relationships with key suppliers and end-user departments. This position may also provide guidance and direction to less-experienced sourcing specialists. The Senior Sourcing Specialist will gain and provide expertise in one or more categories such as: capital equipment, instrumentation and maintenance; IT (hardware, software, and services); professional services; direct raw materials; small construction; MRO and lab supplies; employee benefits; fleet; temporary staffing and specialized services
- Develops, implements, and manages category and sourcing strategies as assigned to add value, achieve department and business goals, and generate cost savings.
- Independently manages and leads cross-functional teams through the entire sourcing and contracting process, including: developing business and technical requirements; understanding the total cost of ownership, the supply base, and market drivers; developing customized solicitations; analyzing proposals; conducting supplier viability assessments; supplier selection; and contract negotiations.
- Manages supplier business relationships, including: contract and Service Level Agreement negotiations; establishing metrics and ensuring supplier performance; and leading business meetings.
- Manages business relationships with internal customers, including: maintaining stakeholder engagement to ensure strategies are aligned with current and future requirements; and advising on category and sourcing procedures, policies, business practices and contract interpretation.
- Participates in the evaluation and formulation of Procurement policies and procedures.
- Provides advice and informal training and coaching to less-experienced sourcing specialists.
- Eliminates barriers to strategic and operational success within assigned categories.
- Presents and explains sourcing decisions and pricing to internal customers, Director of Procurement, the CPO, and other senior management concerning contract pricing and other contractual matters. Works with General Counsel on specific contract language as required.
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple simultaneous complex sourcing projects and capture best value
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned at the discretion of the immediate supervisor.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technical, or a related field from an accredited college or university and seven (7) years of progressive experience in sourcing and contracting, or combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Prefer a professional certification from the Institute for Supply management (ISM), APICS, the National Institute of Government Purchasing (NIGP), or National Contracts Management Association (NCMA), or the ability to obtain certification from any of these organizations within one year of employment.
- Experience developing and implementing sourcing strategies.
- Strong expertise in RFx process, proposal evaluation, deal negotiation, and contract negotiation.
Strong and proven leadership abilities. Able to present to and interact with executive levels.
- Preferred private sector and consulting experiences. Public procurement experience is not required.
- Strong analytical, planning, problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge in computer applications (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PPT).
Job Status: Full Time