Senior Financial Analyst
Position: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Washington, DC
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting a broad variety of financial functions, at a senior level, which may include all or a subset of the following: finance, operating budget, capital budget, accounting, disbursements, long-range financial planning, etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs all capital and operating budget preparation activities.
- Monitors capital authority needs for the long-range plan, ensuring all capital projects have adequate authority; determines timing for future requests for additional authority and ensures timely completion of authority reprogramming.
- Monitors operating spending versus appropriate budget.
- Develop Revenue Forecasts for all categories of customers.
- Develops spreadsheets to monitor key drivers.
- Monitors, reviews, analyzes, and formulates large account retail revenues
- Perform sensitivity analysis to determine impact of variables on rate projections
- Monitor Consumption, Revenue and Receipts.
- Manages billing and collection of retail accounts. Monitor Accounts Receivable Balances and Delinquencies.
- Manages billing of Municipal & Federal accounts.
- Coordinate with consultants for conducting Cost of Service Studies.
- Communicates with internal/external resources regarding revenue.
- Provides routine internal reports to managers for financial planning.
- Initiates work teams to resolve issues and produce work process improvements.
- Assists the CFO in the development, execution and monitoring of the short and long-term work plan for the CFO’s direct reporting units.
- Manages the administration operations and budget for the Department.
- Manages subordinates staff, and team members from other work units, to ensure completion of assigned tasks.
- Manages and evaluates the progress of the unit towards meeting goals and makes adjustments in objectives, work plans, schedules, and commitments of resources.
- May be required to represent the Financial Managerto outside constituents, including U.S. Congress, jurisdictional users, EPA, large commercial and governmental customers.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Finance specifically for Operating and Capital Budgeting related activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or similar field from an accredited college or university and five years of related experience
- In depth knowledge of MS Excel and Oracle systems for Financial and Budgeting functions
- Strong skills in communicating, orally and in writing.
- Ability to present to and write for executive management, Board of Directors, U.S. Congress, and the D.C. Council.