Senior Financial Analyst
Position: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Rockville, MD
- Applicant will be lead on Finance’s current project to improve its Account Receivable function including coordinating work currently being performed by third-party consultants and IT staff
- Develop business requirements for the implementation of a revenue collection portal, client-wide point-of-sale system, and a "data hub" to capture billing and collection data from applications not integrated with Oracle.
- Assist the AR Manager in supervising the work of Accounts Receivable personnel in ongoing processes such as receipt and invoice entry, establishing priorities regarding work assignments and shifting responsibilities, as necessary, to accomplish job requirements and meet deadlines, and resolving problems as they arise.
- Provide candidate(s) with expert experience using the Oracle Receivables module, Microsoft Office suite, especially MS Excel, Word, and Access, and experience Supervising a complex and high volume Accounts Receivable operation.
- Work side-by-side with staff to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Ability to pass Federal and state background investigations
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Strongly prefer degree in Accounting or maybe Finance
- 8+ years of experience in accounting depts. or account receivable depts.
- Experience working w/ Oracle ERP is required
- Experience in government accounting offices at any level is a plus
- Any lead experience is plus
- Systems engineer or similar experience managing the development of products/systems
- Liaise with IT and business owners
- Gather requirements
- Project manage (document, schedule, communicate, coordinate teams, etc.)
- Participate in system testing and evaluation
- Develop a change management strategy
- Background in financial operations (Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable)
- Experience managing financial operations
- Familiar with financial modules in Oracle (or similar ERP)
- Willing to participate in daily operations (e.g. data entry) to better understand MCG processes and operations
- Able to assess & document processes, identify inefficiencies and control weaknesses, and make recommendations for improvements
- Able to serve as the section representative and spokesperson as required
- Familiar with IT request processes and management
- Able to institute and manage an ERP request management process as has been documented by the Controller
- Request assessment
- Request prioritization
- Long-term project strategy
- Inter-department liaising
- Testing and implementation
- Experience developing training for a broad audience
- Familiarity with Captivate 2017 a plus
- Able manage current and on-going training and roll-out
- Able to write/create/design new training
- Customer Service experience
- Able to assess and meet disparate customer needs according to section goals and resources
1901 Research Boulevard, Suite 320 ? Rockville, MD 20850 ? (301) 652-9112 Phone ? (301) 652-9114 Fax