Location: Montgomery County
SPS Consulting seeks enthusiastic and organized Secretary to support our government customer in the Montgomery County area. Positions provide legal secretarial support for a major program or specialized function within the County. Legal Secretarial positions provide support to a team of attorneys. Duties may be varied but fall under extensive office and administrative support services.
- Providing phone support and visitor reception for a unit/section
- Receiving and screening mail
- Maintaining unit calendars and schedules
- Compiling data for financial, statistical, operational or other reports; monitoring and recording expenditures and maintaining fiscal records
- Preparing official documents such as reports, legislation, regulations, contracts, legal documents, memoranda, etc. using word processing and other software
- Setting up and maintaining files
- Processing administrative transactions
- Reviewing files and records to answer requests for information
- Monitoring and ordering inventory of office supplies
- Handling inquiries and incoming work requests; etc.
- Considerable experience is required, including experience with assignment-specific word processing and/or spreadsheet software.
- Requires specialized knowledge of legal documents and processes in order to type and prepare a variety of documents
- Proficient in typing and Microsoft Office applications with good editing skills
- Take and transcribe dictation, research files and records, etc.
- A resourceful and independent worker capable of self-managing their time and tasks
- Possess a friendly and courteous demeanor and is able to work with witnesses and customers
- Ability to efficiently operate office equipment, including desktop computers, fax machine, copier and printers