Procurement Director, Engineering and Constructions Services
Position: Procurement Director, Engineering and Constructions Services
Location: Washington, DC
SPS consulting is seeking a Director of Procurement, Engineering and Constructions Services. Duties and essential functions include providing the organization with an overall efficient, skillful, and timely procurement process for engineering and constructions services, leading category management and strategic sourcing team for engineering and constructions services. Coordinate assessment of goods and services purchasing needs within the organization.
Responsibilities and functions:
- Serves as the contracting advisor to the department on engineering and constructions services and assures the compliance to the procurement policy
- Leads the category management and strategic sourcing team for engineering and construction services by:
- Identifying key service categories through spend analysis and management.
- Developing and implementing category, sourcing, and vendor strategies for key categories.
- Monitoring performance and quality of each sourcing project.
- Managing resources for productivity and efficiency.
- Generating yearly savings through effective execution of strategies.
- Executing an organization’s Business Development plans to promote spending with local, small, and minority business enterprises.
- Managing vendor performance and relationships.
- Advances engineering and construction procurements by:
- Enabling interdepartmental consultation and collaboration
- Providing high-quality service to internal stakeholders
- Ensuring fiscal accountability throughout the procurement cycle
- Maximizing savings opportunities
- Minimizing project risk
- Promoting a fair and competitive vendor environment and making the organization a preferred customer amongst vendors
- Researches and implements the industry’s best practices and continuous improvements in all aspects of engineering and construction procurement process and policies.
- Assists and recommends regulations that govern the procurement process as well as policy and procedures to operate by.
Regularly meets with all Department Heads to convey policies, confirm requests, to advise on anticipated requirements, and to foster better communications and improvement of service.
Perform other duties and projects as assigned at the discretion of the Vice President of Procurement and Compliance.
- Provide daily planning and administration, through subordinate Managers and Supervisors, in the selection, assignment, supervision, promotion, discipline, and training of personnel within the department.
- Interacts with other Department Heads, Board Members, vendors, and officials from other organizations and agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, or related field from an accredited college or university and ten (10) years of related experience in the procurement of engineering and construction services and the award and administration of large complex capital contracts, inclusive of five (5) years of managerial experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Strong large complex capital engineering and construction contract experience and knowledge are required.
- Strong large complex capital program management experience is highly preferred
- Strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills are required.
- Utilize personal computer and maintains a working knowledge of applicable software programs is required (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, email, etc.)
Job Status: Full Time