Job Summary and Key Objectives:
The Operations Coordinator is largely responsible for ensuring the administrative and office functions that support the advancement of the Junior League of Washington (JLW) are carried out in a professional and punctual manner in compliance with regulations and ethical standards. JLW is an organization of more than 2,300 women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. As an integral part of the team, the Operations Coordinator must work collaboratively with staff, consultants and volunteers to provide exceptional member support and general customer service. An ideal candidate must possess a strong understanding of bookkeeping, a high level of familiarity with technology and an ability to master database management. This position requires attention to detail, exceptional typing skills for speed and accuracy, a high level of concentration, an ability to work independently and expertise to improve the efficiency of the basic administrative workflow in collaboration with staff members and consultants.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Administrative Responsibilities (60%)
- Answer phone and direct calls to appropriate staff or leadership member
- Make bank deposits on a weekly basis
- Enter counter deposits into Digital Cheetah and reconcile batches on a weekly basis
- Ensure JLW credit card holders upload monthly receipts to Expensify and reconcile the credit card statement
- Enter donations to the organization in donor management system and produce timely tax acknowledgement letters
- Maintain an office records system to include: organizational expenses, sales tax for merchandise, W-9 forms, DC tax exempt certificate, IRS 501(c)3 documentation and applicable business licenses.
- Create and refine office policies and procedures to reflect workflow and any enhanced efficiency.
- Perform clerical tasks that enable the distribution of League correspondence
- Facilitate members payments by phone and approved refunds
Facilities Management (30%)
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and deliveries
- Manage security and access to the Loughborough House, JLW Headquarters
- Coordinate the purchase and maintenance of office equipment as directed by the JLW Secretary
- Oversee building maintenance vendors as directed by the Building Beautification Chair
- Maintain office technology as directed by the JLW Secretary
- Administer inventory of office supplies, beverages and other facility-related items-responsible for placing orders and corresponding with vendors.
- Assist with general building tidiness including emptying dishwashers after meetings and refilling the beverage fridge
- Facilitate the Loughborough Room Reservation calendar process
- Help onboard new staff and volunteer leadership to JLW policies
- Provide back up support for the JLW Membership and Communications Manger and other JLW team members as needed
- Serve as the liaison for JLW community partners who want to reserve and use space for meetings and small conferences during the week
- Research the insurance, tax, and licensing required to rent JLW space to local organizations
- Research similar meeting and conference space rentals in the DC Metro area
- Other support tasks for the JLW, as identified and prioritized with the Manager of Donor Development and External Affairs
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
The successful candidate must have superior organizational skills, exceptional data entry skills for speed and accuracy, is self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, and energetic. He or she should possess a collaborative spirit and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Outstanding data entry, and intermediate technology skills are essential. He or she must be proficient in Microsoft Office, project databases and Smart Sheets. A Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of experience in an administrative coordination capacity are required.
- Sitting, standing, and stooping.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. short distances, up and down stairs.
Job Status: Full Time