FP&A Specialist w/ TS Clearace
Position - Cloud Solution Analyst
Location - Reston, VA
SPS Consulting is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative individual to join a growing Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Team as a Cloud Solution Analyst.
This role will support commercial growth through deep product analytics & insights across the Regulated Industries portfolio. This is an exciting opportunity to be a leader in a critical growth engine for Microsoft in both Cloud and On-Premise products, where you will have the opportunity to develop your financial analysis, product insights, business partnerships and communication skills, while you aim to drive impact across the business.
The Cloud Solution Analyst will partner with key business executives (GMs, VPs, STU leads, OU LT) and finance leaders, providing product thought leadership to drive growth across Regulated Industries with emphasis on cloud execution.
- Perform deep product analysis and insights, enable new business growth (especially in Cloud products) and analyze customer penetration/market share to guide business partners to successful outcomes and provide them with insightful management reporting along the way
- Leverage compete and Industry analytics to assess and prioritize market opportunities and threats including propensity models working closely with stakeholders to unlock new growth scenarios
- Manage product insights and ensure key financial and non-financial metrics like Azure Consumed Revenue, Modern Workplace and D365 Sales and Usage and Product Mix are within the target range
- Responsible for owning product quarterly forecast and annual budgets. Challenge key assumptions, validate rationale, and identify risks, upsides and opportunities in CFO forecast scenarios for specific Product accountability.
- Provide key information to budget holders by reviewing, reporting and discussing product specific inputs on financial outlook, delivery, and costs
- Responsible for integrating multiple views and perspectives into a consistent forecast, minimizing variance with actuals and aligning performance to the overall CFO/Enterprise forecast
- Embed a continuous improvement mindset into the reporting and analytics of the organization to evolve metrics-based reporting, forecasting models, analyze historic results, and make business recommendations to senior management based on those analyses
- Provide analyses and advice to support the Field Sales Leaders on business issues and support the sales team in achieving revenue and profitability goals. e.g. discount analysis, ROI, revenue KPIs, Complex Deal Economics
- Partner with Business Development and Finance Leadership on RFPs, ROI and planning for large bids and deals
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial planning and analysis, including: forecasting, planning, reporting, data analysis/visualization and developing financial models
- BA/BS in Finance or related degrees; MBA is a plus
- Defining and driving process, system and reporting change
- United States Government (USG) contractor experience is a plus
- Experience working within a technology company is a plus
- Exhibits sound business judgment and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and providing clear answers to complex problems
- Curiosity and drive to learn the business and be able to influence decision making across multiple levels
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure and leading cloud-providers
- Superb Excel and Power BI skills and experience with SQL is a plus
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance.???? Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.