Financial Compliance Manager
Position: Financial Compliance Manager
Location: Rockville, MD
The individual must have experience supervising or managing an operation responsible for performing financial analysis to support external financial reporting, advanced functions in an integrated financial management system such as general ledger maintenance, and ensuring financial compliance with a set of laws, policies, and regulations, and other audit activities to ensure adequate controls over financial transactions.
Program Management for Financial Analysis, Audit and Compliance Section
- Responsible for establishing and managing the structure, method & quality of financial analysis performed by the FAAC Section to ensure accurate accounting and financial reporting.
- Responsible for drafting policy and procedure documents to support and document activity performed by the FAAC Section.
- Responsible for coordinating and/or ensuring that the FAAC staff coordinates with departments, County Attorney and other officials as warranted for proper compliance evidence.
- May participate in the ongoing incorporation of new business processes, and security requirements within the ERP financials applications; and may participate in software configuration to meet the County’s financial process and security requirements.
Management/Supervision of Staff’s Work
- Responsible for supervising and managing the work of a team of Analysts and ensuring that financial analysis is performed as needed for accurate reporting; financial transactions are properly monitored for compliance with existing County policies, laws and regulations with adequate supporting documentation; and other assigned projects are properly carried out as needed for accurate financial reporting and/or effectiveness of existing financial controls.
- Responsible for providing guidance on interpretations of County Laws, regulations and policies.
- Responsible for reviewing and providing feedback or direction on comprehensive reports and audits performed
- Responsible for managing/supervision of work performed by unionized employees; and fostering a positive labor relations environment based on mutual trust, respect, and cooperation.
Financial Analysis, Financial Auditing, and Compliance Audit Review
- Responsible for understanding, performing and providing guidance to financial staff and departments on the prior to purchase compliance review audit.
- Responsible for reviewing and/or performing complex analysis; extracting, manipulating and analyzing financial data; and developing comprehensive reports using accounting and financial management software normally found in a large organization such as integrated ERP applications like Oracle
- Responsible for attending and presenting findings, ideas or section position at frequent meetings with department staff responsible for financial transactions, County attorneys assigned to handle procurement and financial law issues, and other organizations as needed to achieve objectives of ensuring accurate accounting and adequate control monitoring.
- Responsible for providing guidance to departments on rules and regulations via a variety of written and oral communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Candidates should have at minimum five (5) years of professional experience managing professional staff
- Experience conducting financial and compliance audits, policy and procedure development; project management
Job Status: Full Time