Position: Executive Assistant
Location: Washington, DC
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) has a need for a qualified Executive Assistant who can perform the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides program and management administrative support to Bureau Leadership Team, with special emphasis on support to the Assistant Administrator (AA/LAC) in the Office of the Assistant Administrator.
- Prepares the AA/LAC for key meetings, events, conferences, travel, etc. by coordinating with office directors and other appropriate parties on briefers and pre-briefs.
- Ensures that AA/LAC’s and nightly folders contain all relevant information for the following day’s events and activities, as well as materials required for review.
- Reviews all documents and correspondence for appropriate content and messaging prior to obtaining the AA/LAC’s signature.
- Drafts emails for AA in response to correspondence and prepares notes summarizing meetings as required.
- Represents the Front Office in the Administrator’s scheduling meetings.
- Provides read-outs to AA/LAC, Front Office Team and Bureau staff.
- Serves as the lead POC on scheduling and coordinating with the Administrator's Office.
- Participates in working group meetings as appropriate.
- Communicates regularly with all FO staff to ensure they are aware of major meetings, scheduling changes, and deadlines.
- Serves as note taker for LAC Senior Team meetings; assists in tracking the progress of LAC Sr. Team action.
- Serves as the primary liaison with State Department counterparts as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 2 years of related experience
- Candidates with USAID experience or other U.S. government experience preferred.
- Candidates must have a strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in use of Internet and e-mail applications required.
Job Status: Full Time