Director of Procurement, Engineering & Construction Services
Position: Director of Procurement, Engineering & Construction Services
Location: Washington, DC
Provide the Authority with an overall efficient, skillful, and timely procurement process for engineering and construction services. Lead category management and strategic sourcing team for engineering and construction services. Coordinate assessment of goods and services purchasing needs with the Departments in the Authority.
- Serves as the contracting advisor to the Authority on engineering and construction services and assures the compliance to the procurement policy.
- Identifying key service categories through spend analysis and management.
- Developing and implementing category, sourcing, and vendor strategies for key categories.
- Monitoring performance and quality of each sourcing project.
- Managing resources for productivity and efficiency.
- Generating yearly savings through effective execution of strategies.
- Executing Authority’s Business Development plans to promote spending with local, small, and minority business enterprises.
- Managing vendor performance and relationships.
- Enabling interdepartmental consultation and collaboration
- Providing high quality service to internal stakeholders
- Ensuring fiscal accountability throughout the procurement cycle
- Maximizing savings opportunities and project risk
- Promoting a fair and competitive vendor environment and a preferred customer amongst vendors
- Researches and implements industry’s best practices and continuous improvements in all aspects of engineering and construction procurement process and policies.
- Assists and recommends regulations that govern the procurement process as well as policy and procedures for the Authority to operate by.
- Regularly meets with all Department Heads to convey policies, confirm requests, to advise on anticipated requirements, and to foster better communications and improvement of service.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned at the discretion of the VP of Procurement and Compliance.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Provide daily planning and administration, through subordinate Managers and Supervisors, in the selection, assignment, supervision, promotion, discipline, and training of internal personnel
Key Working Relationships: Interacts with other Department Heads in the Authority, Board Members, vendors, and officials from other organizations and agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, or related field from an accredited college or university and ten (10) years of related experience in the procurement of engineering and construction services and the award and administration of large complex capital contracts, inclusive of five (5) years of managerial experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Strong large complex capital engineering and construction contract experience and knowledge are required.
- Strong large complex capital program management experience is highly preferred.
- Strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills are required.
Job Status: Full Time