Customer Service Call Center
Position: Customer Service Dispatcher
Location: Washington, DC
TheCustomer Service Dispatcher 08 is responsible for obtaining information from the field crews, tracking assignments and documenting work performed. Providing technical assistance to field crews by utilizing office records and maps, maintain customer and service database systems and tracking requests/inquiries and subsequent activities.
- Coordinate field crew activities related to emergencies, inquiries, concerns and other problems.
- Maintain the location of field crews and communicate with them on a regular basis via the two-way to update the status of pending files based on-field activities and provide technical assistance to field crews as requested.
- Assist crews with utility shut-offs.
- Contacts various other agencies and administrations to request assistance or to inform existing conditions as reported by the field crews
- Maintain records of “out of service” or defective equipment. Returns equipment to normal operating conditions
- Maintain records and perform research regarding job status to generate reports, follow-up on action items, and respond to customer inquiries.
Skills, Education & Experience:
- 2+ years of progressive experience related to dispatching, repair, and maintenance environment preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of automatic meter reading, inspections, maintenance, and utility cut off and turn on policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of lead service replacement policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of terminology associated with the plumbing trade
- Ability to read maps, plat books, diagrams, drawings, and use of microfilm viewers
- Ability to make analytical decisions based on information provided to resolve matters
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of applicable software programs
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
Job Status: Full Time