Accounts Payable Clerk
Position: Accounting Clerk/ Junior Accounts Payable analyst
Location: Washington, DC
SPS is seeking an experienced Accounting professional to assist with the Accounts Payable duties for a large organization located in Washington, DC. The candidate must demonstrate the necessary experience and have an in-depth understanding of AP functions. The professional will be required to execute basic Accounting Clerk responsibilities in order to support the Accounts, Payable Division. Must have experience with PeopleSoft 9.0 or higher in the last 5 years.
Statement of Work:
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Perform repetitive data entry to include processing of invoices for payment, revenue data forms, and revenue service request forms.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Prepare bills, invoices, and bank deposits
- Assist in resolving any discrepancies for accurate and timely processing of data entry
- Perform periodic data entry combined with average analysis of financial statement line items
- Respond to vendor and unit inquiries, update new vendor information in the system
- Facilitate scanning, filling, and indexing of daily data entry activity.
- Provide support validating the accuracy of the daily data entry as well as to conduct any required research to resolve any issues.
- Provide management with a list of problem vouchers.
- Provide invoice data to management for the annual audit.
- Candidates should have a foundational background in general bookkeeping and accounting
- Ability to multitask efficiently and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative
- All candidates must have PeopleSoft experience in the last 3 years
- Command of accounts receivable
- Proficiency in Excel and Word, Outlook
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounts payable
- Outstanding data entry skills
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
Job Status: Full Time